If you need to distribute files in your project, the problems are always the same:
- How do I make sure a file is transferred at all?
- Or just once?
- That the whole file is transferred (and not only part of it)?
- That no one can temper with the content while it is being transferred?
- How can I get a received receipt?
- How about encryption to prevent uninvited visitors from looking at the data?
- Too big for mails?
Some people use FTP. FTP is a protocol designed for humans. It’s completely, utterly unsuitable for this task. If a software developer suggest this “solution”, it’s a red flag for incompetence.
SSH based protocols are better but they also don’t solve all the problems.
Enter FTAPI, the “rock solid data transfer” framework.