People often ask my why I hate Apple products. My answer: “I’m not compatible.”
I was always looking for a good example what I mean. In my hands, Apple products crash, show weird behavior or important features are utterly broken.
Case in point: Apple has released an “everyone can write an App” course on iTunes. Here is what I did:
- I clicked the link
- itunes.apple.com opened in my web browser
- A few seconds, nothing happened
- Then I got a message box: “Do you want to open this link in iTunes?”
- Uhh… yes?
- iTunes opened. Showing my music library. Where is the product that you were supposed to open? Thanks for wasting 10 seconds of my life.
- Clicked the link again.
- Clicked “yes” again
- Now iTunes shows a page with “Swift Playgrounds”. Probably what I wanted to see, I’m not sure anymore.
- I click on the product.
- iTunes opens a web page in my browser. WTF???? What’s the point of having iTunes when it can’t even download something!?
- The web page says “Please install iTunes.”
- I give up.
That’s one example in which Apple products waste my time. It’s almost always like that.
Apple, I hate you.